CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Mantra for the day....



'I must stop buying fabric online to feed my sewing addiction'





There I finally said it... I have a sewing addiction, I think I have hinted to it in the past BUT now its out there for the world to hear about it (or should I say read about it). I made myself a bag last night...... NOT the best thing I have ever done BUT it was ok, I just need to add handles to it. I will try and post some pics of it later.





I might try and make another one later this arvo, with a few off cuts to give it a bit of different feel IYKWIM? I also might try and knock up some more pants for miss Peta. It so cold there days. I also found a few really kewl fabric shops online one ishttp://funkyfabrixonline.com/store/Default.asp and the other is http://www.retromummy.com/ I got myself a few bits and bobs on there, as well as some new patterns from Ebay (mainly dolly stuff on there though!).





One of the parenting website I am on, has a sewing and hobbies section and well I have been lurking around there for a while. Last night one of my IRL (in real life) friends caught me :o ! Oh well she is a bit of a secret sewer to! They also have a thread on there about 'softies' I might try and knock one up and IF it is any good post a pic on there... LOL I am such a scaredy kat sometimes!





I also found a pattern for a 'purse organiser' that I am planning on making for mum and few others for chrissy presents. It looks pretty easy and I am sure using different fabric and colours you could make it look pretty GOOD!




********************************************************************************




Did I mention I went to a 'Play school' stage show, Well actually and friend of mine and myself took our kids (sounds a little better that way I think lol). I finally had a chance to load some of them up. I will attempt to add some here.... BUT forgive me if I fail.......







Photobucket

Photobucket

as you can see the kids had a wonderful time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: